Elgin Alternative Fuel Crosswind
Elgin's Crosswind regenerative air sweeper gives contractors, municipalities and industries a powerful sweeper with unequalled versatility, flexibility and productivity. The Elgin Crosswind re-circulating vacuum sweeper efficiently cleans large flat paved areas such as streets, parking lots, and airport runways. Contractors and public works officials alike appreciate the Elgin Crosswind because it is easy to operate and simple to maintain. The Elgin Crosswind ergonomic design allows the operator to sweep in a safe, comfortable manner. Mounted on the short-wheelbase chassis of either conventional or cab-over chassis, the Elgin Crosswind is operated by simple rocker switches and comes with a complete set of gauges.
• Alternative fuel dual engine
• Mounted on a UD 3000 cab over chassis powered by the Cummins BG230 engine
• First commercially available six litre natural gas engine
• The Elgin Crosswind is powered by a General Motors 5.7 L V8 engine which allows excellent fuel economy with an impressive power to weight ratio
• The engine shares three 3600 psi composite reinforced cylinder fuel tanks
Download the Elgin Alternative Fuel Crosswind Brochure Here.
Request a Demo